Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sun and Sand and Seashells, Oh My!

Since the beach may be my most favorite STLFT (something to look forward to), this seems like an appropriate place to start my blog. Lyla and I have been here for just over two glorious weeks, and I'm mostly just writing this post to avoid packing for home. We started out in Millsboro with Chadd's parents, where John and Gabie came to visit with their little ones, so the guys could play some golf. Then we headed down to Rehoboth for our traditional birthday beach trip. Which means I am, officially, 31 (gasp)! It's been a great visit, despite the neverending morning sickness keeping me from all my favorite restaurants. And having to substitute cranberry juice for wine at all our happy hours. And not really rocking the bikini quite like I used to. And having to pee every 35 seconds. That's not so festive.

But as Chadd noted, Lyla definitely inherited the "beach gene" from my mom, grandmother, and I, and nothing could make me happier. She is totally in her element playing in the sand and splashing in the waves and people-watching on the boardwalk, and naps like a champ afterward. Chadd and PopPop came down for long weekends, and Uncle MikeMike and his friend Connell were here for a visit, too. We even got to have some playdates with Lyla's BFF, Emma. All in all, it's been a pretty awesome start to my 31st year.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Erfs said...

I found your blog.