Saturday, September 4, 2010

Date Night

So Chadd and I took advantage of our trusty babysitter and my momentary lift in morning sickness, and went to dinner and a movie tonight. When we got back home, my mom told us that three different times over the course of the evening, Lyla asked her curiously, "Where Mommy go? Where Daddy go? Lyla come too?"

Awwwwwwww. And the only thing better than knowing your toddler misses you when you're away, is coming home after a lovely evening to find her tucked into her crib, happy and loved and warm and well-fed. Makes for a pretty good night all around. :)

Side-note: 4 more days until the "big" ultrasound! Lyla has already cast her guess as to the baby's sex... she was helping me test out names the other day, and immediately latched onto Noah (our boy name, the only one we know for sure). She asked where he was, then suggested "Baby Noah come out now? Come upstairs, sleep with Lyla in crib? Have paci too?" Then she gently cradled an imaginary baby in her arms and carefully offered him her paci (did I mention she's REALLY big on pretending, these days?) Which means we need to pick a girl name quickly, to balance out the Baby Noah love! But either way, we're glad she's getting excited about her new role. I can't wait to see my sweet little girl as a proud big sister.

1 comment:

The Coulters said...

awww :) Love this post! I also share Lyla's wishes for a little baby Noah! She will be such a great big sister <3